The Newman Club at the University of California, Berkeley was established in 1899 and placed in the Paulist Fathers’ charge on August 15, 1907.
The original Newman Hall in Berkeley was erected in 1909. The new center was opened May 13, 1967, at which time it was also established as Holy Spirit Parish.
Fr. Ivan Tou, C.S.P.
Fr. Paul Rospond, C.S.P.