Parish established July 10, 1858. The Paulist Fathers first took possession of a frame house containing a small chapel at 14 West 60th Street. A combination rectory and church was built on 59th Street and the cornerstone was laid by Archbishop John Hughes on June 19, 1859. The cornerstone of the present church was laid on June 4, 1876, and the church dedicated on January 25, 1885. The new Motherhouse was erected in 1932. The church was renovated in 1958 and again in 1994. A new parish center was dedicated in 2000.
Pastor: Fr. Joe Ciccone, C.S.P.
Associate Pastor: Fr. Matthew Berrios, C.S.P.
To see the Paulist Fathers who live next door to St. Paul the Apostle, please visit the entry for our Motherhouse.