St. Thomas More Newman Center
Founded in September 1946, the St. Thomas More Newman Center is the official Catholic campus ministry to The Ohio State University. The center was placed in the charge of the Paulist Fathers on September 8, 1956. The original location was a house on Iuka Street, on the east side of campus. The present center, located across from the northeastern corner of the OSU campus, was dedicated in October 1971. In October 2002, the Center was rededicated after renovations that included a daily chapel, office space, meeting rooms and dedicated student space. The artist for the stained glass found throughout the worship spaces of the Newman Center was former Paulist student Nick Markell. The Paulist Fathers celebrated 50 years of ministry at the center in 2006.
|Director:||Father Joseph Ciccone, CSP|
|Pastoral staff:||Father Charles E. Cunniff, CSP|
|Father Vincent W. McKiernan, CSP|
|In residence:||Father David W. O'Brien, CSP|
|Address:||64 West Lane Avenue|
Columbus, OH 43201
|map and directions|
* This Mass not celebrated during Christmas break, spring break or Summer Quarter.
Please note that during the football season, a home game may change the time of the Saturday Mass